Breast Cancer Awareness Month
As many of you are aware nonprofits have taken a major hit during COVID-19, however breast cancer has not slowed down. Many people are putting off doctor visits and screening during this time, and if they are poor, the likelihood is even higher. The effects could be devastating.
I learned just last month of 3 friends diagnosed, unfortunately that brings the amount of people I personally know to the unbelievable total of 53. Thankfully they are able to deal with the financial stress, but so many others will have to make choices between care and groceries.
With October being Breast Cancer Awareness month please consider a gift to help benefit costs for people in need as well as research into finding a cure.
Any amount you give I will match up to 25%. No gift is too small. This is not just a road race, this is a marathon to finish Breast Cancer, together!
This Season, We Are Asking For Your Help To Raise $500,000 For The Donna Foundation. The needs of The DONNA Foundation have expanded, and we know that with the help of the DONNA nation, we can achieve this monumental goal. Together we can. #TogetherWeWILL
Did you know…
- Our survivorship, education and awareness programs reach nearly 10,000 survivors, their families and loved ones annually.
- Our current service year of the DONNA CareLine is trending up 40% over last year for the volume of families needing our support.
- Next year, we are on trend to serve more than 1,000 families living with breast cancer and we cannot do this without your help.
- 70% of the families we serve are living at or near 400% of the national poverty level.
- 60% of the patients we serve are between the ages of 35 and 55.
- The DONNA CareLine is able to consistently mitigate or resolve 97% of its annual cases.
- The DONNA Foundation funds ‘game-changing’ research at Mayo Clinic like specialized equipment funded this year.
Join me in supporting The DONNA Foundation. Together we can finish breast cancer.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.