Together We Will
Friends - I am so excited to be supporting the Donna Foundation again this year. In 2018/2019 we came together and raised over $11,000 for the organization and even though we won't be racing in person I think we can make an even bigger difference in 2020.
The Donna Foundation has been deeply impacted by the pandemic this year as well as the individuals and families who rely on their support. At first I felt a little bit intimidated to try to raise money in this crazy shit storm of a year but the second I made the first donation, I felt empowered and excited to get behind the Donna Foundation and make a difference.
If you are new to my personal story - I feel deeply connected to this issue- my Grandma had breast cancer at a very young age and when she was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer later in life we all got tested for the BRCA mutation. At 29 I found out I was positive for the BRCA 2 gene mutation and decided to have a prophylactic mastectomy after having my first baby. It was an emotional time in my life but I'm so thankful for ground breaking research that the Donna Foundation supports so that I could use my knowledge and make proactive choices.
If you ask anyone who’s participated in DONNA Marathon Weekend, or any DONNA signature event, they’ll tell you this is a weekend of unconditional love and support. It’s not just about being together, but pushing each other to run a little faster, walk a little further and give a little more, because together we can, and we will.
This year we will do that virtually and we can still make it special!!
I would be so honored if you'd consider a donation to the Donna Foundation with me and if you are moved to join- sign up for the virtual race as well! There is a 5K, half marathon, marathon and ultra options! Truly something for everyone. Use code "Lindsey5" if you sign up and also join my virtual training group!! (Search FB groups - "I'll Have Another Virtual Training)"
TOGETHER WE WILL. THANK YOU!!!
This Season, We Are Asking For Your Help To Raise $500,000 For The Donna Foundation. The needs of The DONNA Foundation have expanded, and we know that with the help of the DONNA nation, we can achieve this monumental goal. Together we can. #TogetherWeWILL
Did you know…
- Our survivorship, education and awareness programs reach nearly 10,000 survivors, their families and loved ones annually.
- Our current service year of the DONNA CareLine is trending up 40% over last year for the volume of families needing our support.
- Next year, we are on trend to serve more than 1,000 families living with breast cancer and we cannot do this without your help.
- 70% of the families we serve are living at or near 400% of the national poverty level.
- 60% of the patients we serve are between the ages of 35 and 55.
- The DONNA CareLine is able to consistently mitigate or resolve 97% of its annual cases.
- The DONNA Foundation funds ‘game-changing’ research at Mayo Clinic like specialized equipment funded this year.
Join me in supporting The DONNA Foundation. Together we can finish breast cancer.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.