How to Get Started
Step 1: Select the right registration option for you.
Each option below will register you to fundraise for this year’s campaign, but we’ve allowed you to have a few choices:
- Register, become a fundraiser: select this option if you’d like to fundraise on your own and not as a part of a team.
- Start a Team, become a captain: select this option if you’d like to start a fundraising team, which will register you as an individual fundraiser (with your own personal page) as well as register you as a team captain (with a team page), which means you get to create a cool team name for your awesome fundraising network! You will fundraise as an individual alongside your teammates.
- Join a team: select this option if you want to register as an individual fundraiser but sign up to fundraise under your friend’s team.
Please note: registering as a fundraiser does not register you for a DONNA race event.
Step 2: Setup your fundraising page and/or team fundraising page.
- Set a fundraising goal for you (recommended $300) and/or your team (recommended $3,000).
- Revise your personal and team pages by adding personalized content, such as why you are fundraising or a cool photo!
- Integrate with your Facebook page (click the Fundraise on Facebook button in the blue box within your participant center) after your personal and team pages are set up.
- Kick off your fundraiser with a personal donation (optional).
Step 3: Launch your fundraiser!
- Share your fundraiser on social media.
- Text or email your fundraising page link to your family, friends, or colleagues.
- Communicate with your network using the email feature inside your participant center. Templates are available to make it easy for you.